11/7/11

Recipe: Pulled BBQ Pork!

This week I made some awesome Pulled BBQ Pork. Its a really easy recipe and tastes so yummy! Here is my exact recipe!


Ingredients:

  • 3-4 pounds of pork. [I used boneless pork shoulder ribs]
  • 16 oz your favorite BBQ sauce [I use Montgomery Inn]
  • 1 medium onion- diced
  • 1 clove garlic- minced/pressed
  • 3 tablespoon butter
  • 1 cup beef or chicken broth -OR- 1 cup hot water & 1 bouillon cube
  • 4 cups water
  • salt & pepper
Directions

1] Add diced onion, minced garlic, butter and broth into your slow cooker. Turn heat to high.

2] Turn pork onto clean cutting board. Generously salt & pepper both sides of the meat.


3] Separate meat and put into the slow cooker. Add about 4 cups of water, or just enough to fully submerge the pork. 


4] Cook on high for 8-10 hours, or until the meat is tender and falls apart easily.

5] Preheat oven to 350°F. Ladle the pork [& onions if you want!] out into a deep pan. Using a fork, shred the pork away from fatty pieces [there shouldn't be much fat, cooking it for so long really reduces it to next to nothing]. Discard unwanted fat.

6] Mix in BBQ sauce. Add as much or as little as you like. I use 16 oz per 3 pounds of meat.

7] Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling hot.


8] Serve warm on an awesome bun!

I really hope you guys try this recipe. Sorry for the lack of quality pictures. I will add more the next time I make this! <3






No comments:

Post a Comment