11/3/11

Twix Copycat Recipe

Yesterday I made some amazing cookies that were inspired by Twix candies! I got the recipe here, but I made a few changes, so I'll post my exact recipe on here.

Ingredients:
Cookie layer:
2 Sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup all purpose flour

Caramel layer:
2 cup caramel pieces (I used Kraft traditional Caramels)
3 tablespoons heavy cream

Chocolate layer:
3 cups milk chocolate, or dark chocolate (I used Hershey's Milk Chocolate chips)

Instructions:
>>Preheat the oven to 300°F
>>Spray 9x13" pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
>>In a medium bowl, beat together your softened butter, sugar, salt & vanilla. Once mixed well, add flour and continue to beat on medium speed. Dough will be stiff.

>>Using lightly floured (& clean!!) fingertips, press the dough evenly into the pan.
>>Poke holes in the dough with a fork to let air bubbles escape while baking.

>>Bake 35-45 mins or until edges are golden brown.
>>Remove from oven and immediately run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen & set aside to cool. (I put mine in the fridge)

>>Melt caramel and heavy cream over low heat, making sure you don't burn. These take awhile to melt, so be patient.


>>When caramel is melted and creamy, remove from heat and immediately pour over the cookie layer and smooth it out evenly. You have to do this fast, because the caramel really starts stiffening up pretty quickly.


>>Place into the fridge or freezer to cool quickly and firm up.
>>Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler, or on very low heat. Don't let the chocolate burn! It melts very fast.(if its too thick for your taste, add a bit of butter or heavy cream to thin it just a little)




>>Pour chocolate over hardened caramel cookie layers and chill until hard.

>>Enjoy! These are sooo yummy. :D



>>Keeps best when stored in the fridge.

I really hope you try this recipe. They were so much better than I had even imagined!

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway! You can enter once, or up to 6 times! I'm offering my favorite items from my Etsy shop to giveaway, so don't miss out!


5 comments:

  1. That DOES look yummy!But trusting me,I'd probably burn one or all :( Oh and btw I have a newbie baker question-doesn't the cookie layer become really HARD?Forgive me if I sound stupid-my last baking experience ended with my dad scraping the brownies with a meat cleaver :/ But we ate them as cookies..crumbled cookies..uhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this picture on Twitter and was so hoping you'd post the recipe. I just made a batch of mousse, but this is the next dessert on my list. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sweta the cookie layer baked up to an interesting texture. it is a little crumbly but not near as crunchy as the candy bar. if you keep an eye on it & make sure it doesn't burn, its a pretty easy recipe!

    @gothHooka I've been wanting to try this recipe for a couple of weeks. It is SO GOOD & definitely worth trying. I will be making it quite often from now on. Probably my favorite dessert I've ever made! haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg...I want to eat that!!!!! Great Idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok seriously, this looks delicious enough to ruin my diet!! THANKS :)

    New follower! Check out my blog and recipes at http://www.the-not-so-desperate-chef-wife.com/

    Thanks,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete